Zeebrugge to Limoges................

Alcazar

.............via Paris or not?

And if via Paris, do folk recommend the A86 from the A1 to the a10, or another route?

It'll be off the Zeebrugge from Hull ferry, so around midday Paris?

Anyone recently done Lille-Paris and Paris-Vierzon for prices? TIA.

Also, do I come THROUGH Lille on the autoroute, or try to avoid it?

Alcazar

Hi,

The route that we normally take from Calais on a Sunday is A1 towards Paris then come off at jucntion £ I believe, the one signposted bordeaux. Follow signs for Bordeaux until you get to the A10 then follow signs for Orleans. That has been good for us on Sundays but delays any other day of the week. Good luck! We have now taken to traveloling via Rouen down the new A154. Might be a bit further, but you keep moving.

Paul.

[quote]Hi, The route that we normally take from Calais on a Sunday is A1 towards Paris then come off at jucntion £ I believe, the one signposted bordeaux. Follow signs for Bordeaux until you get to the A10 ...[/quote]

Yes Paul I agree, A86 is the easiest route round Paris , From Belguim, you go Bruges, Lille, Arras, Paris, Orleans, Limoges,  its recommended by Michelin Maporama etc,

Just come off the A1 after Charles de Gaulle near St Denis following signs for (E15) Bordeaux and then follow signs for Bordeaux all the way round Paris, looking for A10 Bordeaux (E5)after Paris, you just cannot go wrong

Also have a look at http://www.viamichelin.com/

We have just done Zeebrugge / Hull.

Remember that in Belgium Lille is often known as Rijsel and on some sign posts that is all that marked. We actually avoided Lille as we just followed the signs for Bruges. We tend to just follow the signs really.

Have you done a viamichelin intinery, they are usually very good.

TU