london to dieppe times.

Tag

I live about 25 miles from Dieppe. Travel from Eurotunnel terminal, Calais to Dieppe will take about 1hour 50 minutes. From Speed Ferries at Boulogne the journey is about 10 minutes less. This is without breaking speed limits.

Your total journey time will be governed by the traffic between London and your chosen port, and check-in and waiting times at UK ferry terminals. I haven't driven to London in years, but you'll know how long it takes you.

Flying (via Paris) is not competitive in terms of time, but Dieppe has an aerodrome if you have a private plane.

In years past, I used to travel quite often via Dieppe - the train from London Victoria took you straight to the ferry terminal at Newhaven, then a fairly short ferry crossing, and another train from Dieppe to Paris. That was pre-Eurostar, and can't remember what the timings were but know it was just as quick as flying, considering airport hanging about etc. I don't know how the present trains connect with the ferries, but with Transmanche getting two new, quite fast, ships next year it is probably well worth considering as an alternative to air.