A28 Ecommoy-Tours

Aitch

Our travel plans and travel route are different this year, so will be wanting to use the A28 at the end of April. However, Mappi, cofirute, bison-fute, seem to have a contradiction as to whether the new section between Ecommoy and Tours is open. Can anone confirm that this new section is open?

Thanks,

Aitch

We used it a couple of weeks ago, and were relieved to find it fully open, almost empty and relaxing, however we woke with a start when we paid the toll, the new section seems extremely expensive for some reason (32e one way), when we checked our Michelin route finder we noticed that even they routed you on and off the motorway for quite a stretch in their recommended route. It saved about half the toll and wasn't much more time consuming, so we will be trying to use its convenience but only in small chunks as per Michelin recommendated route next trip.
Does anyone know why it is so much more expensive? Is it just because it is new?

[:)] my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience

No need for sunscreen yet… [H]

The normal charge is roughly 11 Euros Rouen to Alencon and the same again for Alencon to  Tours.

If you have a "badge" there have been some problems with double charging on parts of the route!

Edit

Extract form my latest bill  for a trip form Rouen to Sainte Maure De Touraine

12/03/2006A28 LIMITE A28-ALIS A28 ST CHRISTOPHE 10,60
12/03/2006A28 ROUMOIS A28 LIMITE ALIS - A28 11,40
12/03/2006A10 TOURS-C/SORIGNY A10 SAINTE MAURE 3,10