A small favour to ask.

Could someone translate or give me the gist of this please? I have never travelled via Eurotunnel and have really little idea of what to expect. It was an email I've just received. Many thanks.

Nouveau ! Bornes d’Enregistrement

Vous avez choisi Eurotunnel pour votre prochain voyage en Angleterre et nous

vous en remercions.

Nous aimerions vous rappeler que des bornes d’enregistrement automatiques

sont à votre disposition sur nos terminaux de Calais/Coquellles et Folkestone.

Simples d’utilisation, elles vous permettent d’imprimer seul et rapidement votre

titre de transport.

• A votre arrivée à Eurotunnel, dirigez-vous vers les voies automatiques

indiquées par ce symbole.

• Arrêtez-vous aux bornes automatiques situées juste avant

l’Enregistrement.

• Après avoir sélectionné la langue de votre choix, suivez les instructions

affichées sur l’écran tactile.

• Pour éviter tout retard, assurez-vous d’avoir en main, à votre arrivée à la

borne, la carte de paiement utilisée pour effectuer votre

réservation
    . Il vous sera demandé de l’insérer dans la borne (Veuillez

noter que celle-ci n’est utilisée qu’à des fins d’identification. Votre compte

ne sera pas débité).

• Si vous vous présentez à l’avance et que la disponibilité le permet, vous

pourrez choisir l’horaire de départ qui vous convient le mieux.

• Une fois la transaction terminée, votre titre de transport est imprimé.

Un petit coup d’œil ?

Pour en savoir plus et pour une démonstration du fonctionnement des bornes

d’enregistrement, cliquez ici. Vous pouvez également imprimer notre guide

d'utilisation et l'emporter avec vous.

Nous espérons que vous apprécierez les avantages de ce nouveau service et

nous sommes heureux de vous accueillir prochainement à bord de nos navettes.

I'm amazed that a competent French speaker (which isn't me by the way) hasn't already answered this for you. I think that there are now automated check in systems for the tunnel. The third point down " Apres avoir selectonne la langue de votre choix" is saying chose your language, so if you then select English, or whatever, everything will be revealed.

That's what I think anyway.

Benjamin

There are now automatic registration points at both Eurotunnel terminals.  Easy to use, they let you print out your own ticket.  Follow the orange and black signs (shown) when you arrive at the terminal.  Stop at the automatic registering point (located just before the usual check-in kiosk) and select language of choice.  Follow instructions on the touch screen.  To avoid delay make sure you have to hand your payment card that you used for your reservation.  You'll be asked to put this in to identify yourself - you won't be debited.  If early you can choose an earlier crossing if space is available.  The machine will print out your ticket at the end.  There's a link to see a demo of the system where it says 'cliquez ici'.  Click that link then click where it says 'demonstration' in red at the top right of the webpage.  This opens up a new window that simulates the touch screen at the port - except it's not a touch screen, obviously!

Not sure what your point is.  You said you weren't qualified to translate and you gave a partial translation.  I translated virtually the whole message.  I duplicated part of your partial translation, though not directly.  You even qualified your message with 'That's what I think anyway', which might lead someone to think your information was incomplete or faulted.  Is it a problem if I clarified the situation?