Question on Sanef bills - telepeage doofer

phylisbide

I did not receive a bill for the August trips we did  but my bank account has been charged - during the period with a larger than usual amount - and since then with a further strange sum -when we were in UK. The monthly charge amount has also been debited. How do I check these amounts - the journey was the same this time as on previous visits and the cost much higher. Can anyone advise on how to check or get reimbursement please? Thanks. Phylis

I once had a missing statement and just called them and they sent me a copy. All entries on mine were correct but it sounds as if there may be a problem on yours. Get the statement and query it with them as necessary.

I assume you have kept the telepeage badge in your possession at all times!

I will be interested to learn the outcome.

Andy

[quote user="Andyphilpott"]

...I assume you have kept the telepeage badge in your possession at all times!...

[/quote]

I often wonder if the gadget can be triggered by any other sort of toll gate etc, so have always wrapped it in the silver packaging that it came in when it lies in the glovebox between trips...

Angela

[quote user="Loiseau"]

I often wonder if the gadget can be triggered by any other sort of toll gate etc, so have always wrapped it in the silver packaging that it came in when it lies in the glovebox between trips...

[/quote]

A point worth remembering if you ever have to return your doofer to the company that issued it, for whatever reason - wrap it in the original foil wrapper or in several layers of aluminium foil, otherwise if it passes through any peages on its route back to the company you may get charged for the tolls!

And if you travelled on the A28 down (or up) from Rouen, check even more carefully. There seems to be a problem with one of the peages on that route, which I posted about (possibly elsewhere) at the beginning of this year, and at least one other person has had the same problem. We were double-charged (i.e. charged for going through it twice on the same day) and I had to phone and query the bill. When I did, the person I spoke to immediately said "Oh, was it on the A28? You're not the only one" and promised to credit our account with the overcharge. I can't confirm that they did, but then TOH hasn't ranted, raved and asked me to call them again, which tends to suggest we got the credit.[;-)]

Yes it happened to me - twice.  Both times I simply sent them an email.  First time they replied and credited the account.  Second time they just credited the account so no problems, but I carefully check every time now.  For what it's worth that peage is the new one and doesn't make any beep when it opens.  One other annoying thing though which I mentioned previously, very often one of the journeys gets processed late and charged the following month which then incurs the 2 euro transaction for use during that month.  Haven't tried querying that one so far.