Cheap Van Hire

jed

Does any one know where i can get cheap van hire?

We are due to complete on our new house dept 53 in November so want to transport some furniture across so looking at hiring a LWB van but prices so far look quite expensive.

Thanks

Depends where you live and whether you mean to drive it yourself or hire van + driver.  When we bought our little house we couldn't find a cheap van hire that would let us take it to France. We just crammed a few things into the car and bought bits in France.  Since then we've found a firm in Nottingham that isn't too expensive and will let us take a decent sized van to France - when we finally  move there.

I have hired a van from the local  Super U  near my house in France  to do an IKEA run  .It was just over  50 euros for the day including the number of kilometers I did ....I never took it to the UK......but I know sombody who has  ..came in .and out via Dover  with a Super U Van and collected  everything for a fully fitted kitchen .  The Super U do some decent size Vans......... so .........if you could take the car over first ....... or have a low cost airline on the doorstep ....could be a possibility ?