train tickets haven't arrived - what do we do?

Ac50

can someone please help with this query.

I've bought tickets from SNCF online before but never had a problem.  This time I bought the tickets online over a week ago. For some reason it wouldn't let me print them but said they could be posted free of charge.

We leave for Paris tomorrow.

As the tickets hadn't arrived today (and tomorrow is a holiday, so no post) I went over to our local station with the reference number etc.

They say the tickets have been issued and posted so there is nothing they can do!

I can't get a refund as I don't have the tickets to take to the station for a refund!

We are talking of over 100 euro's here (thought I would treat us and travel 1st class)

Do we have to just write off this amount or can anyone suggest anything.

Could we get away with travelling on the train with just the booking reference number, although it clearly states on there that it is not a ticket.

Also, don't have the number of the seats for the reservation.

A bit of a mess that is spoiling the trip before it's even begun.

Many thanks

Can't give a helpful response Val just a bit concerned, as I need to buy some tickets online today for my husband.  The total comes to 227 euros and he needs to travel Monday morning - now I'm a bit concerned about doing it.  I didn't realise that you print your own ticket, not having done it before.  I assumed it would be like Ryanair and you would just be issued with a reference number to collect tickets at the station!

hi there

that is one of the options. Shouldn't be any problem if you book online - just make sure you put in the right option!

I honestly don't know why I didn't do that instead of asking for the tickets to be posted.

Have just been over to the station again but they say there is nothing they can do.

Wouldn't be so bad but we are enroute for Canada and I will probably be away for a few months.

what happens though if the tickets don't arrive?  That's the real Catch 22 of it all.

Have just been over and bought new tickets for tomorrow and cancelled the others online.  However it says you have to take the cancelled tickets in for a refund.  Surely there must be something you can do if the tickets don't arrive?

Has been a horrible day, think someone's trying to tell me something - maybe I'm not meant to be leaving France!

This happened to my father-in-law ...

What you are supposed to be able to do is to go to the ticket office in the station with the reference number of your booking and the credit card used to make the booking. You must then purchase new tickets - but they will be sold to you at the same price as your original booking.

Then you ask for a form called "Apres Vente Voyagers/envoi a domicile" which you fill in, attach your NEW tickets (after you have used them) and send it to SNCF, BP 74, 75462 Paris Cedex 10. They will then reimburse you direct to your credit card about 8-12 weeks later.

I made sure that he had a print-out of the relevant section of the SNCF website in French which he was then able to wave under the nose of the agent at Roissy who was trying her hardest to make him pay the full fare. It worked ... eventually, though it became obvious that she had signed up for the full half hour rather than the 5-minute argument.

Pickles