Bordeaux to Rhodes ?

Short of flying back to Stansted and taking the train down to Gatwick has anybody any ideas which cost less than 1000 Euros per head return. At the moment we are seriously thinking of taking the car down Italy, then the car ferry and leaving it somewhere on the Pelopenes before catching the Dolphin up to Perius and then 18 hours of ferry. All of the airfares such as via Frankfurt or Madrid seem off the planet expensive.

The website www.alibabuy.com shows flights from Bordeaux to Rhodes (with 2 changes ) from 485E return per person.in April. Without details of dates and length of stay it is difficult to say whether this would apply at other times, but it might be worth checking it out.

Tried to delete this because of duplicate post. Gosh, you have to be quick to do this, don't you?

The website www.alibabuy.com shows flights from Bordeaux to Rhodes (with 2 changes ) from 485E return per person.in April. Without details of dates and length of stay it is difficult to say whether this would apply at other times, but it might be worth checking it out.

Just tried for May; slightly cheaper.

Nothing to do with the subject but you are right about the speed needed to delete a wrong/duplicate post.  In replying to another topic, I realised almost as soon as I had clicked on "Post" that I was incorrect in what I had typed.  When I tried to delete, I got the message you mention.  However, you can edit.  I deleted all of the post and finished up with a blank post which seemed better than a wrong one!

• 2 weeks later...
In the end found BA at under Euros 450 on Tuedsay's and Wednesdays all inclusive of taxes, fuel surcharges etc. Via Gatwick but only one change rather than Muncih and Athens on the other routes. Outbound gives you a four hour daytime wait at Gatwick return five hours between 1 am at 6 am.

[quote user="james419"]Have you tried expedia.com can produce some good results some times![/quote]

Thanks for the thought I have. They were Euros 1000 plus with changes at Paris or Munich and Athens and always involved at least two carriers. The advantage of BA is that if they mess up the connections I can reach a reasonable deal on where I spend the night and at whose cost. 

• 1 year later...
Onur Air now fly Bordeaux to Bodrum. Although they also list Neckermann & Thomas Cooke nut only the Marmara website comes up with flights now at Euros 289. Then need to get a hydrofoil to Rhodes. B A still the most price competative scheduled airline but still face a long time hanging round Gatwick.

[quote user="Blanche Neige"]

"B A still the most price competative scheduled airline but still face a long time hanging round Gatwick"

Anton, how many hours in total? 

Would it worthwhile going out to a nearby town for a breather? If so I would suggest catching the train to Reigate.

[/quote]

Wow Blanche, you really know how to have a good time![:D]

[quote user="Blanche Neige"]Compared with sitting for hours on end in South or North terminal I know which I would choose! Plenty to occupy one's time in downtown Reigate...........at least for half a day! Two trains per hour and not that far by taxi either.[:)][/quote]

I thought Anton said his break would be between 0100 and 0600. Do you know something about Reigate that I don't?[:D]

[quote user="Anton Redman"]In the end found BA at under Euros 450 on Tuedsay's and Wednesdays all inclusive of taxes, fuel surcharges etc. Via Gatwick but only one change rather than Muncih and Athens on the other routes. Outbound gives you a four hour daytime wait at Gatwick return five hours between 1 am at 6 am.[/quote]

Ah yes, have read the original info again and four hours daytime on the outbound wait wouldn't be enough for a safe escape to anywhere! As for the five hours between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m I think he'd have to travel further afield for some nightlife.

LOL[8-|]

moral of this one....................always read the question properly before answering.[:$]