Travelling from Marseille Airport to Pezenas

Janeandalan

Fed up with travelling the 2 hours to Stansted we have decided to go for the 2hours travelling once we get to France. We are thinking of going to Marseille and travelling to our house from there. Has anyone else done this? What is the best route? Any days/time to avoid?

Many thanks

Jane and Alan

I find Marseille is a very good airport, full facilities though the new "Low Cost Airline" terminal for EZy and Ryanair etc is VERY basic.  BA operates from the main terminal. Rental cars are right outside the main terminal building and so very easy to get to. Free 30 min parking.  Close to the autoroute too - just watch out for the access to the autoroute, there is a nasty lane cross-over at the junction and if you don't watch out for the signs to A7 Lyon - Salon de Provence you can easily find yourself on the way to Aix by mistake. From there it is 2 hours / 210 km to Pezenas via  A7 A54 A9 (according to Google Maps). Autoroute is generally a lot better than any of the motorways round London to Stansted! Just check with Bison Fute for the heavy traffic summer weekends.    

Steve          

Haven't done the journey since June, arriving on the Thursday returning on the Sunday but I did it in two hours and ten minutes from the airport to Beziers. The roads were busy enough and you do indeed have to watch the signs for changes however, I am paranoid about speed limits and kept within them so would imagine traffic would be the main/only cause for delay.