Thank You BF

Mayennaise

My daughter was due to come over last Thursday, with her 10 month old son, travelling as foot passengers Portsmouth - Caen, returning to UK next Wednesday. This was booked on Monday last. On Wednesday evening, 10 month old developed a very high fever, therefore they were unable to travel on Thursday. Daughter contacted BF yesterday to see if she could perhaps get some of her pennies back and believe it or not, they have given her a full refund!! Thank You BF - very much appreciated. (By the way, grandson now fine)

I have always found BF very co-operative over booking changes etc.  They get a lot of "brickbats" about being expensive but I cannot fault them.  Everything always clean, food o.k. newspapers available etc. 

Only complaint is at busy times they park vehicles 3 in a row instead of 2 which means I have enormous difficulty getting out and into the vehicle as I suffer with arthritis in hip and knees and of course you have the inevitable chips on the side of the vehicle.

WendyG

Don't feel guilty about it.  The service is for those who need assistance and not like disabled parking in the UK and France where you need stickers that can only be obtained following doctorss' confirmation of disability.  My OH suffers from arthritis like you and needs to fully open the door to get in and out and struggles with stairs (ie she's very slow on them and gets embarrassed about holding other passengers up.  Last time we went on the Mt St Michel I booked for assistance and we were parked right by the lifts with plenty of space to open the car door to it's full extent, although on this particular occasion I think all cars could do this because they weren't particularly busy.  The steward was also very subtle in that he stood in the doorway ushering people up the stairs until we and another couple got to him, when he turned the other way and ushered us into the waiting lift.  It was the first time that we had used this service but would certainly do so again - WITHOUT feeling guilty!