Transmanche mistake...

MrCanary

I have used Transmanche Ferries for a few years now and have always been very happy with the service provided - until...

Until they linked themselves up with LD Lines and now regular mistakes (most commonly duplicate charging) are becoming the norm.

Has anybody else noticed this?

Hi Pierre - that route is Transmanche with the booking service provided by LD Lines. There is the one Transmanche ship doing two or three trips back and forth between Dover and Boulogne and then the same ship does one overnight run to Dieppe and back...

I used it very recently and it was quite a good service and a good price, not as fast or frequent as Speedferries of course and using one of the old Transmanche boats but it was definitely 100%  LDlines.

IMO an improvement on Transmanche but then we are not comparing apples with apples.

No - not through an agent - direct. The mistakes seem to occur if I make (and pay for) any changes to the original booking...

But having said that, I am still happy with the actual service Transmanche provide. (And the ship used on the Dover routes is not an old one, it was launched in 2006...)