Ferry fares LD vs agents

tegwini

There had been some discussion on the forum about differences in costs between booking directly with LD and the various agents also taking bookings for LD.    I have always been convinced that it has to be cheaper to book direct.  Others on this forum disagree.

But today I made a booking and initally was on  'A ferry to' site which on google has a very similar domain name.  So as I am always curious I checked both.

But, the differences are :  (for identical tickets)   during June:  (cut & pasted)

The cost of your booking  174.00 GBP   =   LD - direct booking           The total price of your tickets will be 222.56 GBP  = A ferry to

A ferry to    seems almost as if it is LD as the sites are so similar, and some might think that they are on LD's site, after a similar domain name, format, layout etc.  BUT THE PRICES CLEARLY ARE NOT  !      Quite a saving I think.

tegwini

It's not just LD Lines.

On the odd occasion I have used Norfolk Lines to come back to the UK, about 2 or 3 times a year, I always check on NF own website and on the independant one you mention.  I have 2 browser windows open so I can check simultainously.

With the exception of just one time, I have found NF to be cheaper, often considerably so.

Having said that, a few weeks ago a colleague found A Ferry To cheaper by miles, so I continue to check both sites.