Jet 2 flights to Picardy

tuppence

For any one who has booked flights from Leeds/Bradford to Albert, Somme you have probably received notification by now that this route has been pulled by Jet2. A friend who was using this route to visit in June heard yesterday that her flight had been cancelled. Having checked their website there are no flights at all now. She has been offered a full refund or alternatively a flight into Paris. Probably a non-popular route but for anyone living in the North of England a good one into the North of France.

tuppence

[quote user="tuppence"]

She has been offered a full refund or alternatively a flight into Paris.

[/quote]

If my recollection of the regulations is correct, she should be offered a flight to Paris and transport from Paris to the original destination.

It's contained in EU regulation 261/2004.

The position in your friend's circumstances, where (as I understand it) the airline cancels for commercial reasons, is summarised here: http://www.auc.org.uk/default.aspx?catid=306&pagetype=90&pageid=4410.

Needless to say, the low cost airlines deny that they are bound in these terms, but after considerable argument I was successful in recovering transport costs for my daughter and her husband from the original (cancelled) airport to the alternative offered by the airline.

Hi JR,

My friend was booked to come over on 22nd June and return on june 29th but that has now been cancelled. If you check Jet2's website there is no mention of any flights to Albert, it looks as though they have just pulled the plug on them. Probably due to it being economically unviable. Plus the credit crunch as well I suppose. My disappointed friend has opted for a full refund and is now coming over on Eurostar as she has before.

tuppence