Meeting at Gatwick

val douest

I am flying to Gatwick next week, an airport I haven't used for a while.  I arrive at the south terminal and my daughter will then drive over to collect me.  Looking at the airport website it seems that there is nowhere I can wait outside for her to drive past and pick me up and that she will have to park somewhere and come to find me.  Would it be possible for me to go up to Departures and be picked up where passengers are dropped off?  Any information from anyone who knows the airport would be gratefully received. I arrive late in the evening and really need to know where I am heading for.

Val

Pick up on the lower level - they have changed what parts can be accessed. This is where you would be picked up if you called a taxi from the surrounding areas as the taxi firm within the terminal charge some absoultely eye watering fares, such as £30 for a 4 mile journey.

Beware of her parking in McDonalds car park to wait (near the exit from the airport) they fine you if you stay over 45 minutes.

Would suggest she carries out a dry run and then heads towards London on the A217. There is a large Tescos off of the first roundabout after the A217 splits from the A23, and parks in there along with a load of taxis. When you get to the lower level, phone her so that she can then come and collect you.

Paul

I agree, the lower level is where I have always set down and picked up, you should find the lift/stairs that will take you down to it, (they are close to the railway station exit) and then phone her, she will take about 3 minutes, coming southbound on the A23 from London she should carry on towards Brighton, ignore the intersection to the left marked M23 and the terminals and carry on to the next roundabout, before this the A23 will pass under the South terminal building, she will pick you up on the perimeter road to  the right under the terminal.

Having passed under the terminal she should continue to the next roundabout and take the last exit on the right which is the perimeter road, probably marked airport other areas, it runs parallel to the A23 and she should find you on the left under the terminal building.

I hope that wasnt too confusing, good luck [:D]