Brittany Ferries Property Owners Club

fluffy tree

I am considering joining the club, but after reading the terms and conditions of membership - other than owning a property in France - there is no definition regarding in which country your primary residence must be. Has anyone who is a club member and spends most of their time living in France encountered any problems booking return crossings where your outbound journeys are always from France to the UK?

I have been a member of the BF Property Owners Club for a few years.  Even though we are travelling back to the UK fewer and fewer times, we still gain more from the membership discount than the annual fee.  There is no problem about being resident in France.  You can telephone their UK landline (you can ask them for an 01 number rather than the 08 number) to book or you can do it online.

One of the perks is that you get a free breakfast in the restaurant, which is a great way to start the day before setting off south from St Malo.

Over the years, I have always booked single journeys because I rarely know when I am coming back.  I book at the last minute (except in high season), sometimes on day of the crossing.  Unlike the airlines, they do not jack up the prices for late bookings.  That is why I have kept my membership - because they are a great company to deal with.

I've been a member for over 5 years. As previous posts, I only book single journeys. Booking online. We use the Caen-Portsmouth route and always night crossings. We find that the dog travels better - it's her normal sleep time. Also we get the benefit of the free breakfast. So far year on year, we have more than saved on annual fee.

We have been members for 6 years and always have made huge savings.

Eg: next month we are off for 12 days, Roscoff to Plymouth and back. We made a saving on that crossing alone of £149.70 plus 4 breakfast to the value of £7.50 each.

We often do this twice a year so save well over £350 per year and the POC memberships costs us £90.00 per year.

I will definately save over a year by joining the club, but as Brittany Ferries only accepted membership from UK residents with second/holiday homes in France several years ago I wondered if this was still the case, so thanks for your replies - and I'll book single trips as suggested :-)