Pub lunches in Oxford and Winchester areas?

Ian

I'll be in the UK next week, and will be forced to have a pub lunch twice - life can be hard.

Once will be in the M40 area (somewhere near High Wycombe/Oxford) and the second time somewhere off the A34/M3, near Winchester.

I'd prefer out of town, easier to get to and park. The Good Pub Guide is helpful, but can anybody offer a personal recommendation?

Cheers

I have had a nice lunch at the Woodstock Arms, in Woodstock, just N of Oxford.

In the countryside, a real find was "the Milk Shed", at Weston on the Green, just off the M40. I read about it on Trip Advisor - if you google the milk shed Oxfordshire, the TA reviews will surely come up. It,s actually a farm, with this cafe/foodie shop attached, so parking is easy. Not very well signposted, and is likely to be v busy at obvious mealtimes, such as around 13h. My sister and I went at about 3pm for a very late lunch and were the only ones there. Delicious. Can't wait to go back!

[quote user="Ian"]The Plough comes out well from the guide. Though not if it's full of IBMers...

Thanks

[/quote]

Ah, you recognised the Hursley connection then... [:)]

We often took visiting Americans there and they always loved it. Quite busy at times but worth a visit.

@DerekJ, I guessed at the connection, being one myself (though I was Sales)

@Judith, "..even spoke to them on occasion!" - about as close to them as you would want to get...

Looks like it's Sparsholt then.

Thanks