Vendée History

woolybanana

Well I did enjoy your unique boddy of work WB, (not William Boddy  "I just thought I'd write about anything that interested me," he says, "and the readers seemed to like it."), although I should have been doing something far more productive. I like your erudite style combined with the naive streetwise honesty[:)]. Especially glad of your awakening over the engine debacle, no one likes the hero to get shafted. Whatever happens to the engine, I don't know which model you have but even in France there much more economic ways to get a transplant motor, certainly on e-bay a replacement lump is about £1K Ebayengine

Anyway keep it up I look forward to the next instalment[:)]

Hey, Benjamin, I've promoted his book too and he's NEVER offered me a backhander!

Right, that's it, Wooly and his book on the Civil War in the Vendée, that's off my Christmas List for next year and he can jolly well promote his own book himself! [;-)]

[quote user="woolybanana"]well, you my darling can afford it what with the chateau and the servant[6][/quote]

Wooly, you meant "servantS", hein?

Love you lots, take care, keep warm, speak in private soon!  No good letting these plebs know everything, is it?

JJ, thank you for reminding me that the name was Mellors and that his job was gamekeeper.

OMG, my memory is now so bad that I can't even remember with whom I had an affair or indeed what his job was!

And, if you think that sounds bad, you should have heard me telling whatisname (the OH) to er.....well, whatever it was that I wanted him to do but have now forgotten!