Mouse taking the 'Mickey'

CBC

I managed to get one in a trap (sorry, but just don't want to share my house with them) two nights ago, but his friend is taking the proverbial by eating everything I've put on the trap and getting away.  I thought I'd positioned the food in a place where the mouse would have to make the trap spring.  Is it possibly too small to set it off (I only had a quick glimpse and it could be very small)?  Any suggestions ........?  Is a humane trap worth the cost - and where would I put Mickey once I've caught him?

Thanks in anticipation.

Bikerchick

We use a humane trap which was not at all expensive. It is a little oblong cage with a hook for the bait (I find a lardon the best) the other end of which holds the door open. The most difficult thing is setting it as it is very easily sprung. Once caught we just take the cage away from the house and open the door. The unhurt mouse then legs it.

Lardons!  what ever next.  They are nifty little critters. 

I tried the humane cage with cheddar but they prefered brie.  They managed to eat the cheese and escape.  As they were in my kitchen I did resort to poison.  However I could not stand the thought of them being in pain.  So I bought one of those electric machines that sounds like a dripping tap, they are supposed to keep small animals away and some deter fly's.  A basic machine was about 9 euros but mine to keep flys away was about 15 euros. 

My friend had one last year and never had any unpaying guests.  So far I do not either.

Has any one else tried these machines, or have just been lucky.

Well, the trap caught him, but also killed him somehow, strange internal fluid-like substance on base of trap ......  I didn't plan/expect that outcome and am not really sure what/how it happened, but hopefully our house is now our own.

[quote user="Coolbikerchick"]Well, the trap caught him, but also killed him somehow, strange internal fluid-like substance on base of trap ......  I didn't plan/expect that outcome and am not really sure what/how it happened, but hopefully our house is now our own.[/quote]

I've seen that before, the mouse seems to die of panic.

Perhaps Chris P might know why?

Alcazar