how is the chasse going in your area so far

odile

From my point of view the downside of hunting in France, compared with the UK, is the use of guns, often close to habitations. After all the tallyho types on horseback in UK don't have guns, though I know there are "shoots" arranged on grouse moors etc.

I think the gun problem in the UK was probably worse in the past - anyone read the Pickwick Papers, when Pickwick demands that Mr. Winkle should be dis-armed? And I have a childhood memory of a family friend killing someone while out on a shoot.

I am very cautious about going out and about on weekend mornings and Wednesdays.

Jacqui Too - where do you get that idea about this thread being designed to perpetuate hate between law abiding people? We can agree, disagree and try to understand each other better perhaps. If you read my comments - i have made it very plain that I am not anti-hunting, but anti some aspects of hunting. for instance that consuming alcohol should be a definite no, and so should a 'shoot anything that moves' attitude of SOME hunters.