Incredible

Jonzjob

I have just had one of the most incredible experiences for a long time now!

I had just finished doing my excersise of 30 lengths of our pool and getting my breath back when I suddenly found myself being dived about by a couple of dozen house martins! They were all diving down, swooping over the pool and scooping up a drink! Some were flying straight at me and only missing my head by inches and I could hear the wind through their wing feathers as they climbed. I was totally transfixed for better part of 10 minutes. It was absolutely wonderful. I just didn't know which way to look because they coming over my head, left, right, everyway!

It happened once before a couple of years back when one of our friends visiting was in the pool. They were all around her and she didn't know which way to turn. They are so tiny, delicate and yet incredible tough little birds!

Sad that I couldn't get any photos, but I think my camera would have sneezed at getting very wet!

It is marvelous when the birds swoop to drink from the pool - they cannot be too worried about the taste! We also get enormous dragonflies that chase each other around.

I was canoeing last week and saw a snake swimming in the river which was a great sight.

I am still transfixed by watching deer and the occasional hare on my evening walk or on the occasional sight of wildboar. We also have rabbits about this year and two are completely black.