What's the French for Tree Surgeon?

Coco

Can anyone help with the term for a tree surgeon?  I looked it up in the dictionary and came up with arboriculteur -trice but of course that also means a tree grower, and everyone I've tried in that section of pages jaunes is a grower not a cutter!!  Alternatively, does anyone know of such a person (with insurance) in the Coutances-Saint Lo-Villedieu area of Manche?

There may be people here who consider themselves tree surgeons, but I'm not sure if they really are.

It wasn't that long ago that many communes were having to bring tree surgeons in from the UK to  try and save trees.  This was as many of the people who had been pollarding all the trees here  had in fact been butchering them and the trees were ill and often dying.

Our village  had to have every tree removed around our Place near the Mairie and new ones planted, cost the commune a fortune as biggish trees replaced the old ones.

So back to my first paragraph, whoever you find, chat them up and make sure that they know what they are doing whether they be an arboriculturist or a bucheron (who may may taille trees too, think it is something like elagage (sp)).

Thanks to both of you - knowing the word elagage has certainly helped and I have now found 31 elaguers in the departement and 6 within easy distance!!  Now I've just got to get one of them to commit to doing the work before 2010!