Banging my head in frustration here

Pads

[8-)]

Please will some one tell me .............. and I know I will kick my self when you do[:(] but I have chewed over this long enough. doing a listening exercise, which is meant to translate in to ...... does she ( or it could be)  if she   likes playing with french children . I cant get the first bit of the sentance to me it sounds like: est ce aime jouer avec les enfants français. but that dos'nt feel that as est ca is , is it ?? and theres no word for the fact im saying she .  

how do you translate ......Does she = ?

Many thanks  

[quote user="spg"][quote user="Pads"]

Thank you.... yes that would make sence , but what im hearing sounds more like .... est ce jem jouer ........etc

[/quote]

est-ce que j'aime jouer

Sue

[/quote]

YES,  this is what it sounds like , but J'aime = I like,  and they are saying  " does she like ?

[quote user="Pads"]

YES,  this is what it sounds like , but J'aime = I like,  and they are saying  " does she like ?[/quote]

Is it a pure listening exercise or have you got to change it from 'I' to 'her' ? In which case you might be hearing 'est-ce que j'aime ...' and you have to change it to 'est-ce qu'elle aime ...'

Mind you round here it would sound ' S L M ...' anyway  - as nearly everyone misses out the grammatically correct 'que' bit.

Sue [:)]

Its a pure listening exercise, but I had a peek at the answer at the back of the book which only gives you the english and we have been told to write it in french and english.....

I need to say:  Does she like playing with the french children, but as it is said [blink]

How would I hear: qu'elle aime ? any chance it might sound like j'amie ?   

[quote user="DerekJ"]est-ce que is pronounced like esker.

Is that what you heard?
[/quote]

Yes it is , but the next bit sounds like ch-jem  wich I assume is aime  but that leaves me with ," is it that likes" , when there needs to be a she in there... maybe there is a bit that isnt  sounded ?