Whats the pha ?? mean

Pads

Im translating from a tape and it says

" vous connaissez *** monsieur et madame suchon, Ils sont belge.

This I hope means " you know mr and mrs suchon, they are belgian.

But in between connaissez and monsieur is another word that sounds like par or pha , what can this be ? as I have to write it down in french and english I cant just skip it

I have looked up a few words like both them etc but nothing sounds right

Many thanks

[quote user="Pads"]

" vous connaissez *** monsieur et madame suchon, Ils sont belge."

This I hope means " you know mr and mrs suchon, they are belgian." [/quote]

It's not 'pas' is it - as in "you don't know m et mme suchon, they are Belgian" ie vous (ne) connaissez pas m et mme suchon, ils sont belges"

Sue - keen to help but possibly on the wrong tack!

[quote user="Pads"]

I think you might be right,  "vous ne connaissez pas Mon......... [/quote]

As Lorna says there is probably no 'ne' as it is very often missed out in spoken French, so it could well be 'vous connaissez pas m et mme ...'

I have also found that in French questions are often posed in a negative way - seems to be a French trait! [:)]

Sue

I think you are right , I have lisened to it about 99 times and this is what I think Im hearing .

Vous ne connaissez pas monsieur et madame suchon? Ils sont belges, ils habitent bruxelles, madame suchon est d'origine francaise, elle n'aime pas beucoup belgigue. elle et son mari viennent sovent en france, à côte de ici , Ils louent un petit appartment et passer vacances visiter leurs aims. ils sont très gentil tous les deux.

I cant believe how little I have done and how much time it has taken[blink]

Hope it makes sence [:)]  

Hello

It makes sense but there are a few typo's or spelling mistakes.  I know exactly how you feel, I had to read and review a book today, not because I am actively studying French (I should be after todays torturous efforts)but my son's teacher asked all the parents to read and review their current reading material.  I hated having to write my review and it took me forever to write a few sentences.  I think I had better hit the books again and soon!

Panda

[:$] Dont suppose you could tell me what they are [:$] I have been lisening , writing and translating since 9am this morning and have just finished. Been driving hubby nuts playing the thing over and over again, neither of us can take any more [:-))] 

Mind you I will get there tomorrow and find out it was about a little dog spending a day on the beach, and I have written a load of nonsence !![8-)] 

[quote user="Pads"]

Vous ne connaissez pas monsieur et Madame Suchon? Ils sont belges, ils habitent à Bruxelles, Madame Suchon est d'origine francaise, elle n'aime pas beaucoup (de la ?) Belgigue. Elle et son mari viennent souvent en France, à côte d'ici , Ils louent un petit appartement et passer vacances visiter leurs amis. Ils sont très gentil tous les deux.

I[/quote]

These are the ones I think need correcting, but I'm no expert!