Translation please

Magnolia

I was wondering if anyone would be so kind as to translate this simple knitting pattern in aid of charity. I have some lovely people making dog coats for me to take to a shelter in Spain and I am now having offers of help from french people too. However, I don't have a simple pattern in french to give to them. I've looked on the internet and all of the patterns are too complicated. Is there anyone who can help please?

Thank you

Knitted coat pattern

Charity shops sometimes sell "odds and sods" of wool cheaply that may be suitable. They may also be able to sell you very cheaply mens neck ties that are too grotty to put on display; 2 of these with the thin ends sewn to the make coat as in step 9) make good alternative belly bands.

• Size 8 or 4mm needles

• 500g ball of Arran wool or suitable thick wool.

1) Cast on 100 stitches in garter stitch and knit for 24 inches.

Divide neck as follows:

2) With right side facing, knit 43 stitches then cast off 14 stitches, which will be centre of the neck.

3) Knit the remaining 43 stitches from the left hand needle onto the right hand needle.

Shape neck as follows:

4) Starting at beginning of row knit 43 stitches then slip remaining 43 stitches onto stitch holder.

5) Starting at neck edge decrease one stitch every alternate row (by knitting two stitches together) until 20 stitches remain, then cast off.

6) Return to remaining 43 stitches on stitch holder and repeat to match other side. Wrong side facing, sew neck ends together.

To make belly band:

7) Cast on 1.5 inches in garter stitch.

8) Knit for 66 inches and cast off.

9) Sew band onto dog coat half way down. (To tie under belly)

Me too! I had a go at translating it last night but with me not being a knitter it might as well be in chinese! I even had to ask my husband what a garter stitch was [8-)]

I'm hoping someone will come along to offer their services soon as I want to take as much as possible down to the shelter at the end of this month.

Thanks anyway [:D]

Hi Moonraker

Bless you for taking the time to do that for me.

Anyway, the measurements are correct (the band goes under the belly then back up onto the back of the dog) and between 15 and 20 stitches are needed for the width of the band.

I hope that's clear [:D]

Thanks again

Aiguilles 4mm
500g laine(pour aig 4mm)

1) Monter 100 mailles et tricoter 24cm point mousse.

2)Diviser pour encolure comme suite:
Avec l'endroit de l'oeuvre vers soi tricoter 43 mailles,fermer 14 mailles (centre encolure) tricoter les 43 mailles de l'aiguillle gauche.

3)Former l'encolure comme suite
Tricoter  43 mailles, glisser les 43 suivantes sur une porte-mailles (ou une aiguille double points avec un bouchon à chaque bout!)

4) Côté encolure fermer une maille tous les 2 rangs jusqu'à ce qu'il reste 20 mailles. Fermer.

5) Reprendre les 43 mailles restantes et faire les mêmes diminutions côté encolure.

6) avec l'envers du travail vers soi, fermer les deux côtés

Pour faire la "ceinture":

7) monter 16 mailles

8) Tricoter 1m 50 en point mousse. Fermer.

9) Coudre la ceinture sur le dos du manteau à mi chemin. (Pour nouer sous le ventre).