Irish bog oak

Lilly

Can anyone tell me what Irish bog is in French please, I think it could be Chene petrifie but this seems also to mean oak that is left in water for a very long time ie 50 years but I'm not sure if the same terms applies to 5000years It would help actually if anyone knows a good web site in French that has all the wood species in it. Thank you in anticipation!!

Its a bit of a cunundrum but as it found in the bogs (turb) in Ireland where it has been for over 5000 years it is bordering on fossilsed whilst not quite as it is still carvable what would you call it Clair so that a French person might understand it

?

Thank you for trying Clair I was kinda hoping you would be on line to help with this one as I have tried everywhere to get it translated to no avail. We are doing a Marche nocturne artisanart tomorrow night and my friends can't help me with the name of this wood so do you think if I used the term chene petrifie people might understand that it is fossilised in tourbe????

Thank you for your reply, I have tried googling but nothing regards oak in the tourbiere preseverd well not that I can find anyhow. I have used the phrase that Clair suggested and it did prompt a couple of good converstaions so it worked, thank you again.