EDF bill wording

Gardengirl

We finally moved in to our apartment a few weeks ago, the developers have at last put right all the problems found so far, and we are enjoying living in France apart from the heat - but not complaining! We had the 2 level electricity tariff, which we changed as we won't be using w machine etc at night - they back on to our bedroom, and I'm a v light sleeper; also, our neighbour has been in longer than us, and had a bill about half ours on the single tariff. 

A bill has arrived dated the day the man came to switch us on to single tariff, which we don't understand;

the electricity cost 34.24 euros

'frais de dedit' was 12.83

deplacement sans intervention was 22.53

Intervent 1 appareil part was 26.91.

We assume some of it was to do with the man's visit, but with twiddly bits the extras came to 78.38, which seems high.

Can anyone help with the wording please.

Many thanks, Jo

'frais de dedit' was 12.83

deplacement sans intervention was 22.53

Both of these seem to suggest abortive work charges; things such as cancelling a visit with less than 48 hours notice, agent visiting the premises for an appointment when nobody was there to meet him etc etc.

Hi BJSLIV,

Thanks for your reply; that certainly helps. We did change an appointment, but gave more than 48 hours notice, and were told there would be no charge. However, you have certainly pointed me in the right direction. We have come back to UK as M-I-L is ill, but when we go back I'll get on to it.

Thanks a lot, Jo.

"deplacement sans intervention" is a call-out charge (probably a flat-rate one).

"frais de dédit" is a forfeit charge, but I couldn't possibly hazard a guess for what!

I reccommend http://www.wordreference.com - not just for words but for phases too :)

• 2 weeks later...