Signing the Compromis de Vente

JAW123

There is no problem over an agent immobilier preparing a compromis de vente. It's perfectly normal practice, a notaire does not need to be involved at this stage.

Signing it at the house is unusual - was there a reason given for doing this? You should never be rushed into signing anything, and should never pay any money until the end of the so-called 'cooling-off' period'.

Thank you Will, that makes me feel a little better, it is my property that is being sold. I am the seller and the Compromis is being sold at my property.  This is very strange, I just hope everything is going to be OK.  Feel worried.

Julia.

Maybe the Immo doesn't have premises of their own, so signing at the house being sold could make sense.

A compromis ( and the Acte Définitive ) can be signed anywhere as long as the necessary people are present, and in the case of the Acte Définitive, that the Notaire is willing to attend.

I have a sale coming up where there are two properties ( included in the same purchase ) with different owners being sold to the same person on the same day. The first sale is taking place at the retirement home where the first vendor is resident and the second sale is taking place at the Notaire's office.

Hope this reassures you.

Judie ( Mrs Will  -  Estate Agent )