Hair cuts

Gardengirl

Can anyone point me to a site that helps with phrases I'll need for a wash and cut/trim, please. Particularly things like 'bob' style etc. I haven't been to a French hairdresser for 40 years, so want to get it right, and don't know anyone with fine fair hair like mine - all my friends have lovely thick, long, dark hair, and don't seem to know a word to describe my hairstyle. On reading this, it sounds as though I look like a scarecrow - it's not really that bad, and is actually better in the Gard than in the very damp Thames Valley!

Thanks, Jo 

There's a situation and a vocabulary list at the beginning of this document chez le coiffure

If possible, take a photo of yourself with the cut that you want (if you've had similar before) or a magazine photo of something similar, it really helps as a starting point for the discussion.

I think a bob is une coupe au carré

Good luck!

Oh, yes, Sweets.

Just out of bed look and thick and curly!!!!

Thanks to Jonzjob (what is his name - I forget the spelling)

Still surviving without shampoo and laughing.

Next I am going to try sage and rosemary brew to stave off the grey.

Anyone here tried this?

Any success?

ps to get back to the original thread (sorry for digressing)

I saw a "mobile hairdresser" going into the house opposite so asked my neighbour for her number.

She now comes round regularly - charges 10 euros a visit and I get a good French language lesson included.

"Pas trop court" is always a good phrase.

Bubbles, why not go au naturel completely?

I think grey and white hair in tip-top condition can be very attractive; especially as some hair dyes have that dreadful "flat" look or even worse, that gingery, brassy tint.

I, personally, could never be bothered to sit at the hairdresser's long enough to have all that primping and stuff that they do.  As for having to have my roots touched up every 6 weeks or so, I fear I have many other things I'd rather spend my time on.

Sorry, Bubbles, if you're determined NOT to be grey; please don't be offended, it's just my personal opinion and preference.

As you were brave enough to try Jonzjob's suggestion, I thought you might like to try this one too!