Help please ASAP with "dent"

mint

Some background:  I have just received the 3 radiators that I bought on line from a firm called Domotelec, AFTER checking that they are OK using Clair's list.

Very efficient.  All the radiators came without delay.

HOWEVER (there's a "however" with everything I am attempting at the moment [:(]) one of the radiators has a dent right on its front for all to view.

I shall therefore have to email or ring and I am wondering what is the correct word for dent?

Can I say une bosse (it's the only word I know for dent) but, looking it up, it seems to be more a bump or hump than a dent.  By dent, I mean something that goes IN and not OUT.

Could be a bit of impact damage though all the emballage is intact.

Yikes, PLEASE help as I need to flag the problem today.

Thanks[:)]

No, Wools, the dent is in the front, right in the middle of the radiator and is quite obvious.

Anyway, have sent an email and, overcoming my phone phobia, have rung them.

They have now asked me to send them a photo of the radiator and the wrappings.  The wrappings are not in any way damaged so I guess that it was something that happened either before or at the time of packing.

Wools, I feel jinxed.................everything I have touched recently have had a problem.

Even the man who came to empty our fosse today managed to leave a bucket here and I have had to ring him and say the bucket is here if he wanted to collect it!

mint, if this has only started happening, then I feel you have lived some sort of enchanted life until now........... and welcome to my world.

There was me thinking it was 'just' life, and I didn't realise that 'things' falling butter side down didn't happen to everyone else on a regular basis...... as it happens to us all the time.

The last weirdest one we had was a cupboard I ordered. The cupboard already built, but a shelf needed screwing onto the side panels, beneath the cupboard. Only the drill holes ready for the shelf to be fixed to, had been drilled so that the shelf would not be a shelf, but go flat against the wall. Difficult to explain in english, never mind french.

Id, you are probably right to be surprised.

Me, I live such an enchanted and blessed life....................er..............no, that doesn't sound quite right.

Anyway, have sent off 3 photos, one showing the dent and two showing the pristine emballage.

To be fair, I have had a reply saying that un fournisseur (whoever that might be) will look at the matter and they will get back to me in 48 hours.

I wait with bated breath to see if a) they do reply and b) they agree to send another one out and c) get proof that my life is indeed enchanted![:P]