José Garcia & Antoine de Caulnes

Alexis

I realise that they may not be everyones cup of tea but did anyone see them last night on TF1?  I laughed till I cried.  Love the "Pran Charl" and Lady Diana sketches.

I shall be rushing out to buy their DVD.  Want the 'Petite Announce' one too with Elie Simoun and Franck - the ex French boyfriend of Deidre in Corrie!!  Did you know that then???

Also last week was the original Sex God...Cary Grant in To Catch a Thief in VO.

Tonight it is Evita on Arte but dpends if anything else is on....

Have you seen them both Jill?  They used to be on every night in Nul Part Ailleurs which is probably spelt wrong. 

José Garcia was usually dressed up as a woman.  Or a chick.  Or a cod.  It was Antoine who wrote the sketches.  He is another Cliff.  Gets younger every day.

No, I don't even know who Jose Garcia is - although I seem to have heard the name. I can't get French television though and only have 4 terrestial British ones. I don't find Antoine de Caulnes at all entertaining - just his accent! Mmm! How old is he anyway? I've always wondered - is he an absolute perv or is he gay or what?

I like Antoine de Caunes, although I haven't really seen eurotrash, which I am assured is trash....... but it's all in the name.

I first saw him when he was a young thing, but weren't we all, on Les Enfants du Rock, one of the better things that was ever on french tv IMHO, think it got banned though, the part of it that started with James Brown's Sex Machine music, was usually risqué at best and they went a bit far one week and voila, it was shown no more... pity!

Then AC was on Rapido and that is where I saw him doing his faster and faster talking thing.

His Dad, Georges used to be on the telly a lot when we first got here. And AC has a grown up daughter who is an actress. So how old is he. Well, well into his forties, late forties at that, I would say. Must say he seems to have the Sir Cliff and Sir Paul thing of looking younger than he must be.

On the programme Saturday, there were prizes to be won if you could guess the ages combined of the two stars.  Antoine will be 51 in December.  Born 1953.

C'est pas juste!

José Garcia is an actor/film star etc.  Must say, they make a wonderfull equipe.  My humour could be warped of course.

Eurotrash was trash, true (is it still going?) but it was very amusing, showing the totally off-beat side of our European neighbours. It was really much more than taking the Michel out of the Germans' love of removing their clothes, though that comprised quite a lot of the content. It contained such regular gems as Sister Bendy, the bicycling art-critic nun. The great thing was that you couldn't take it any of it seriously and it would mercilessly mock everybody, including the French and the British.

I thought it reached its peak when presented by de Caunes with 'le pouf celebré' (to quote Monty Python) Jean-Paul Gaultier.

Mr de Caunes is indeed a bit of an enigma. The average Brits don't realise he is well known in France, they see him as a bit of a token Frenchman for Brit TV and Eurostar ads (like Rolf Harris used to be the token Aussie that the antipodeans had never heard of, at least before he became the world's greatest living artist according to the BBC). I think that the reason must be the de Caunes accent which must be exaggerated, but is charming all the same. The French seem equally surprised that the British have heard of him: they regard him as a typically and purely French entertainer.

I wish I'd seen that programme, it sounds great, quite an antidote to most French comedy which is generally extremely dire to our eyes.