Oui Oui and the Razmoquettes

Stew

Noddy in French is "Oui Oui" which is really crap coz as far as I recall from my Enid Blyton childhood he's not nodding his head to indicate "Yes"

And why, in French, in the Rugrats (Razmoquettes) do the babies call Angelica "Kwet Kwet"?

And I've never seen "Nounours d'Infer" except in French and I suspect it is equally crap in American.

On the other hand "Ma Famille d'Abord" is quite good.

Here's another French TV thing - why do chat show hosts (and their guests) in France LOVE big hand held microphones? Something Fruedian going on? Surely the little clip-on mike technology hasn't passed them by?

Stew

(look I've hurt my back laying a cement floor, otherwise I wouldn't be watching all this telly)

No idea where they get these names from, they translated Die Hard into PiĆØge de Crystal, only ofcourse it wasn't like that in the other films, so they got it wrong, never saw it advertised as "PiĆØge de Crystal ll (sans crystal)" though.

And yes, do they love those huge hand held micro phones here. And I'm sure that Freud would have something to say about their use.

I admit that there is some american stuff that I prefer in french.

[quote]It is because of her hair. Bunches. Couette. As in cover for a bed too.....[/quote]

Ahhh! merci.

as to the judicious placing of young babes in the audience - they're always in the front row and packed in tight behind the presenter so there are always babes in camera shot.

Not that its a Bad Thing ...

I'm also impressed with how easily pleased the audiences are in the variety shows. Whenever there's some 60+ crooner schmoozing out some number, all the audience of 20 somethings fgo all goo-ey and wave their cigarette lighters.

Stew

(watching snowy television coz the rainclouds are between the parabol and TelecomB)

And another thing (seems to be my phrase of the moment)

Compilation shows.

They never stop

We've just had the 100 best french songs on M6. I'm sure it was only last month on channel 1 they had the 100 top tubes and before that they had a compilation of top 50 love songs, top 50 summertime hits etc etc.

And anytime there's a video gag out-takes type prog they have a panel on who disect each clip and discuss its merits. AAARGH! Just play the stupid clips for chrissakes! next thing I'll start to miss Lisa Reilly.

Stew

(I actually love it here its just that I like a good whinge, me)

And why, in French, in the Rugrats (Razmoquettes) do the babies call Angelica "Kwet Kwet"?

I've only seen Rugrats in English a couple of times but I've got the feeling that they only have names and not nicknames (i.e Angelica is only ever called "Angelica" and never "bunches") Can someone tell me if that's right? I assumed that the nickname thing came from the original as they've all got them in French. It's a bit of a culture shock to realise that Charles-Edouard is really Chucky.

As for compliation shows etc. Well, that's one of the reasons  I've had Canal + since 1991