Any good films?

letrangere

Apart from "La Chute", which I must say I would very much like to see.  But in a different genre I saw "Mariages" last week, which I can highly recommend.  Some very good lines, insights into relationships and Miou-Miou as wonderful as always.  (I just love that woman's name.)  Anyone else seen anything light and entertaining recently?  M

[quote]Apart from "La Chute", which I must say I would very much like to see. But in a different genre I saw "Mariages" last week, which I can highly recommend. Some very good lines, insights into relation...[/quote]

We enjoyed 'Les Choristes' on DVD recently. 

I must admit I didn't like "Mariages", I thought it was a bit over the top, and got a bit stupid at the end, which was a pity, but I did like Miou Miou.  Incidentally, when I first started on the forum I thought Miki was a women because of that film.  Sorry Miki I enjoyed the film "le role de sa vie" with Agnes Jaoui and I would recommend that.  Also I loved "La grande séduction" which has just come out on DVD, it is quebécois, so not always easy to understand, but absolutely hilarious

• 2 weeks later...

"A very long engagement" lovely film sets, interiors were great, the Paris scenes excellent also the rural scenes in Brittany and other parts. Costumes too were very good and Audrey Tatou was excellent.

Rather a lot of gory WW1 battle scenes but necessary for the storyline.

I probably need to see it again (a few times!) to follow the  full story and characters properly.

Gill.

Gill, thanks for your comments on this.  Having a passion for France and a curious obsession with WW1, I look forward to seeing this enormously.  Odd how I'm indifferent to gory bits if humans are involved but would be appalled to see an animal even slightly injured.

I agree with whoever it was who commented on the odd ending of Mariages, a friend I went with said the same.  Another good one seen recently is, "Confidences Trop Intimes".  Very amusing.  Does anyone know anything more about this director (Patrick something?)? 

M