Mulled wine

Has anyone made mulled wine, then stored it for reheating after it had cooled? I did some on Saturday with a sachet of Schwartz mulled wine spices, and it was delicious. This evening after going out in the cold, I really fancied a mulled wine, but didn't feel inclined to use up a whole sachet and a whole bottle of wine, just for one measure of it - nor did I want a whole bottle to myself! If it will keep OK over a few days, just so I can reheat a drop when I want to, I'll do that. Alternatively, any tips for just doing small quantities?

Jill (99)

We have Vin Chaud around here and I've never used sachets.

If I was making just one glass full, I would put the wine in a pan with a little cannelle, a little sugar and a slice of orange and slowly bring to the boil. If making more I would cut oranges in half and then put some cloves in the skin, a little cannelle and sugar again into the pan with the wine and bring to the boil. If we weren't going to drink it immediately I would let it cool and seive it before storing then reheat when I needed it. I wouldn't want the cloves to continue infusing.

I'm not sure whether I have had Mulled Wine. I always have Vin Chaud here though and Glu Wein (sp) in Austria. And the commercants in our village sometimes have cauldrons of it at the Marche de Noel and have used white wine to make it and it was surprisingly good.