HP Sauce

Ck

I am preparing a short article extolling the virtues of living in France. I understand from friends already resident in Bon France that despite the delights of the beautiful and varied French cuisine there are rare occasions when nothing but HP sauce or Colemans mustard will do. There are also rumours about Heinz baked beans and horseradish sauce. Can this be true?! If so are there other "culinary delights" which are not available and also prompt recidivist longings?

This very true, however the longer you live away from the UK and don't visit,the more your tastes wane. We are lucky that our local Gant does stock some english goodies like mustard,sauces,custard powder etc and there is also a local Irish shop for cadbury chocolate etc,but to be honest after a while taste does change and things you grew up eating and loving just don't seem the same anymore.

Thanks to you all for your input. Contacts resident in department 17 tell me that amongst their French friends certain "English" foods have gone down rather well. Most of them are included in your lists but the surprising ones for me were traditional black country black pudding,(they come from Dudley... still, somebody has to!..), shrimp paste, somehow used for cooking not spreading, and astonishingly they have been asked by one French family to get them a supply of Bisto gravy powder. Is this the beginning of the end for French cuisine? CK.