Inviting the Neighbours

Choochoo

Hi everyone

We were thinking of having a Barbie ( not the doll, silly )to get to know all our neighbours.
Can anyone suggest types of snack foods etc. or would a normal english type meal do, you know salad bowl,chicken bits,sausages etc.
Also what time of day seems best, bearing in mind they seem to eat main meal at midi.
Should we invite the maire ?

Thanks

Sue and John

I had a party to introduce myself to the locals and celebrate the 50th anniversary of D-day. Part of it was a barbeque; I flung on everything I could think of or find...the only thing that remained was the English sausages! I did invite the mayor and was told he NEVER went to peoples houses. He was the first arrival.

• 2 weeks later...
www.dordogne-on-line.info

We did a bbq for our french neighbours last summer, we did chicken and pork and they loved it, BUT they did expect to sit down for the meal, not like in the uk, where everyone wanders round with a cob with a burger on and pick at the food. They would not have a drink until all the food was ready, then apperitif, then the meal with wine, followed by cheese and then pudding. However, it was a wonderful day, started at midi and finished about 6.00 pm.