health food shops in France

Elensw

i have recently been unwell and need to go on a special diet. I would be really grateful if anyone could tell me if there is a chain of healthfood shops in France similar to Holland and Barrett in the UK. Obviously i am okay for vegetables but i cant find things like carob in the supermarket. Also, the only kind of cheese i am allowed is cottage cheese...i would be really grateful if anyone could tell me if this is sold here and what its called.

many Thanks
El

Cottage cheese is widely available in the larger supermarket chains like Gant, Carrefour etc and is called Cottage chees although sometimes it is smooth rather than lumpy. I've never seen health shops as health products usually are only allowed to be sold in pharmacies which I where I suggest you start. The are many bio-co-operative shops about that sell fresh products too and you shold be able to find them in the local yellow pages.

[quote]Cottage cheese is widely available in the larger supermarket chains like Gant, Carrefour etc and is called Cottage chees although sometimes it is smooth rather than lumpy. I've never seen health shops...[/quote]

Is this a regional thing, Val?  I don't think I've ever seen Cottage Cheese in a French supermarket. 

What's the difference between cottage cheese and faisselle?

Oh the arcane wonders of the French dairy counter.   Why can't the French be more like us? 

Here's a site called Bio France, maybe there's something there...

http://www.eutraco.com/bio/

SB

p.s. for anyone suffering from a sense-of-humour failure, that last question is based on "Why can't women be more like us?" from "My Fair Lady".