Declaration of puits

Jazzer

I have just re-read a mssive from the local mairie regarding the declaration of new wells and also for existing ones, used to obtain eater for domestic usage.I have until now been of the opinion that if you only use the water for gardening purposes there is no need for such a declaration,but now I am not sure. Has anyone investigated?

The declaration is required for domestic use of the water issued from a well or a borehole. Details here (translation)

Technically, domestic use means water used for consumption, hygiene, washing and watering of crop or animal breeding intended for household consumption, as defined here (translation).

In practice, I very much doubt anyone will concern themselves with well water used for watering a garden.

[quote user="Clair"]

In practice, I very much doubt anyone will concern themselves with well water used for watering a garden.

[/quote]

I don't know why, and couldn't find a source if asked, but at the back of my mind I always thought that as a well is drawing from the general water table that the use of them during drought periods, as of now, was also banned.

Mainly because my pump is not working I have not used the pump since I moved here 3 years ago.Whilst for common sense reasons I agree with Clair,I just have this nagging feeling that it would be hard to convince the authorities that you were only using it for watering the flowers.Are they going to inspect all the private wells in France?

[quote user="Jazzer"]Are they going to inspect all the private wells in France?[/quote]

Indeed! [:)]

We have a well on our land, which is accessible but unused, the nearest neighbours have one too, also unused and another set of neighbours have capped theirs.