HONEY COMBS

londoneye

A friend has just brought me some honey combs - she keeps bees (obviously!).  Not sure if there is anything i can dowith them, other than just suck the honey out?

~Got guests coming for dinner saturday, so not sure if there is anything i can use them for, as desert, any thoughts \?

you are right of course, but like the posting below she suggested sucking honey out, and i didnt like the waxy bits, so didnt want to offend by saying it and asking for another way of using them.   still they do look pretty on the kitchen work-surface.

Then warm the honey and use on porridge, rice pudding, as you would  on syrup sponge, replace sugar in tea coffee ect when warm you dont notice the waxy bits as they melt. But the waxy bits are very health giving so try to use them[:)]

whoever said procrastinating doesnt pay?    While i asked for advice here, and occasionally pondered what a decorative feature my honey-combs were in the kitchen, un-beknown to me the honey had started to leak out into bottom of dish.    Well, i helped  it along by dumping all in a metal seive and sticking a bowl under it, and a day later - voila ! - not a huge amount of honey but sufficient to add to some ice cream etc !