Beefburgers

Mandrau

[quote user="Mandrau"] I have a question for the silly season.............why oh why are beefburgers (steak haché) always oval in shape when the buns are always round?
[/quote]

Because the butcher and the baker couldn't see what they were making on account that the candlestick maker didn't supply them for a while as they hadn't paid their candlebills!!  [:-))]

[quote user="missyesbut"]

[quote user="Mandrau"] I have a question for the silly season.............why oh why are beefburgers (steak haché) always oval in shape when the buns are always round?

[/quote]

Because the butcher and the baker couldn't see what they were making on account that the candlestick maker didn't supply them for a while as they hadn't paid their candlebills!!  [:-))]

[/quote]

LOL!! Have you tried making your own? 1kg beef skirt (do they have that cut in France) or good braising steak; 2 chopped raw onions or several shallots, or onion marmalade to taste (sweeter taste); the flesh of one large baked aubergine and egg yolk to bind. Herbs/seasoning as liked. Chop it all finely and mix. Mould in a circular hamburger mould (I still have mine from an ancient Magimix) and grill/fry/barbecue thoroughly. Some people add breadcrumbs, I don't, just use force on the mould. You can't taste the aubergine, it just adds moisture. Bake the aubergine for about 30 minutes at around 160-170C, don't microwave, it will burst and spatter the inside of the microwave like something dead from a 1950s horror movie.[:D]

This assumes that you would want to put a steak haché in a bun.

Buns normally contain a circular disc of mechanically recovered meat,

heavily padded with cereal and who knows what. I remember checking the

label once on Tesco economy burgers - 70% MR chicken !!!

Steak haché with a touch of moutarde and a cornichon or two is my option