Lidl - So British!

Chancer

I see once again that they have a promo with a mythical British marque and products that have never seen English soil or factorys but I supose it is OK if you have a yearning for Picalilli ,which I bought last time (although I am sure that legend has it that it is a Napoleanic French recipe) or Branston pickle.

What really delights me [6] is that they are still making the same error as last time in the French text encouraging people to try English mustard as a traditional accompaniment to roast lamb and mint sauce as ideal with roast beef, ham or cheese [:P]

Picalilli is British check Wiki - I did as I just gave the neighbour some we homemade. It is an unsweetened pickle.

Apparently the Belgians put it on chips - but of course they would...

The misleading encouragement to misuse use mustard and mint sauce are from a secret phalanx of veggies in the Lidl marketing department secretly trying to overthrow the slaughterhouse industries.

I think the UK TV ads must be confusing customers - trying to get them to pronounce Lidl - Leedull rather than how the English prefer to say it Lidul.

€2.49 in my Lidl and yes they are £5.99 in the UK.

I have taken to drinking the weak 3.7% beer that they do in 1 litre PET bottles, firstly because it is only 69cts per litre, secondly instead of having to cart the empty glass bottles to the recycling point I can put them outside with the tri, and finally they weigh next to nothing as opposed to more than half the weight being glass.