English Pudding

Mme poivre

And so can I Sweet17, which is a very odd name for someone without a sweet tooth.

I too can think of any more british puddings that french ones. I don't think that I have ever served one that has not been liked by french friends. They have often done that slightly anxious glance at one another when they have had the bowl in front of them, but have always had enough confidence in me to give everything a go and have always eaten everything and asked me to make things again.

In my rather limited experience admittedly, there are many English (or British?) puddings that are served hot, while I don't recollect ever being served a hot dessert in France. And unfortunately Sweet 17, I do have a sweet tooth. I love hot puddings.

By the way, anyone made clafoutis, a not British pudding? I'm looking for a fairly simple recipe for it....... 

[quote user="idun"]

And so can I Sweet17, which is a very odd name for someone without a sweet tooth.

[/quote]

Idun, I have been rumbled.  As I used to tell Norman (who seems to have completely deserted us:  no pun on desert, PLEASE), Sweet is supposed to be ironic.