moving on the land early

zippot

we have just recieved the compra vent and both partys have signed and commited.

the owner in the uk hasnt been to the property for 2 years and the land needs some serious tlc and hard work. we were thinking of moving onto the land( rural )and camping and spending the summer cutting down the  brambles etc the owner has no problem with this i think legal we would be squattting but if we are buying would anyone care or would this be a big no no.  any advice greatfully accepted ,

We did this once with a house - I was heavily pregnant, with a toddler on tow, and with threatened eclampsia - on my own whilst OH was living in a hotel having started his new job 80 miles away.  We got on really well with the seller and he just gave us the keys. Our solicitor was aghast, and advised against it - but it all worked well. It is however a risk, I suppose. The sensible answer is don't do it - but I'd go with my gut feeling. Surely you could get a written permission from owner to be on site, working on his behalf to clear the land before sale?

What are you risking, in real terms? Hours of your labour wasted (and maybe some chainsaw oil & petrol) but that's all.

Maybe you'd be happier actually staying on a 'proper' nearby campsite, even a 1* municipal though with access to hot water, drains etc.

We've had friends who've done it for a month or so. Worth it to get the ground under control.

Go for it!

We did a similar thing, with the owners consent. But he was there. Built a chicken house.

The notaire pointed out that the only problem would be insurance cover. But if you and the owner are prepared to take the risk........

seems to be just what we were thinking we are working as couriers in southern france and have been having no sleep with party neighbours and the disc starts on the 1st  but we will wait and see its a huge pull to go and get started