Noisy music

We have a problem with our neighbours' music system. It isn't that the music is loud, but it's thumpy-thump disco music and it never stops all day and it's gettting inside our heads. We have spoken to them and they promise to do something about it, but next day it's as bad as ever. Anyone know the rules on when you can play music? Or refer me to them?

[quote user="Edward Trunk"]We have a problem with our neighbours' music system. It isn't that the music is loud, but it's thumpy-thump disco music and it never stops all day and it's gettting inside our heads. We have spoken to them and they promise to do something about it, but next day it's as bad as ever. Anyone know the rules on when you can play music? Or refer me to them?[/quote]

Hi,

In the first instance take it up with the mairie, they will know the rules and may even intervene on your behalf.

Can I suggest that when the music is playing next time that you invite your neighbours in to your house so they can hear it for themselves? If, as you say, the music is not played particularly loud then your neighbours might be thinking you are overreacting somewhat.

If they hear it for themselves they might be more accomodating.

cheminot