searching for free range (old specie?) pork

Ian

My dear wife wants to eat only free range pork from now on. Fair enough. She'd also like to eat old breeds if possible - more flavour, I believe. Again, fine by me.

Not a problem in the UK, but here in France?

Can anyone identify anywhere either (A) within driving distance of S. Indre (Chateauroux) or (B) offering a website/mail-order?

Cheers

Thanks for the responses, folks.

I was thinking in terms of Brits who'd settled here and were rearing pigs - I never thought to look for french farmers. There are a couple nearby (thanks, Norman) who I'll check out.

Idun, I'm not sure about sanglier - I've heard that all the meat generally available was (a) farmed, (b) a half cross with a domestic pig, and (c) often infected with some worm or other. Plus, we tried some a few Xmases ago, and weren't impressed.

Cheers

A success!

Thanks to NormanH, I found an organic, plein-air pig farmer nearby (Flere-la-Riviere), who has a van at a local market.

I bought some pork chops and some rillettes (for less than I would pay in my local butchers for commercial pork...). Both were delicious. I was sceptical -I thought the bio/plein-air thing was just a fashionable fad - but they were much tastier than I expected.

Back next week to try sausages and maybe some stewing meat.

Thanks for all the ideas