Is it possible to cancel a compromise de vente because of increased risk of natural disaster?

Ugo

I think it's great news that you are able to get out of the contract, and very encouraging for others who might find themselves in similar positions. Getting out of agreements can be very difficult indeed in France.

I am sure you will see another place that you like even more than that one - just keep looking and best of luck.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be worth looking at other ski areas - we have lived in the Morzine/Chatel area for 14 years and love it. Since the highest mountains are only 2,450 metres, glaciers are just not a problem - but the area is plenty high enough for all winter (and summer) sports. I ski a full five months every year (Portes du Soleil area, 200+ lifts). I think you will find property cheaper here as well, although it's very dependent on position (walking distance of a ski lift adds 50% to prices).

Hi Ugo, back from St G after a weeks holiday. There was no hint of any anxiety in the town regarding the glacier situation, and property prices are as firm as ever. The work has started on purging the glacier and as far as I could establish, no hiccups so far. I even spoke to an English resident out there and again, no worries. Hope that helps a bit. No one has a crystal ball but I am not changing my plans to move out there permanently as soon as I am able.