Creative Writing Group: Brittany

Clare_G

Calling all English-language writers in Brittany - unpublished or published, experienced or beginner... Would anyone be interested in forming a creative writing group to swap comments & support on work in progress, trigger ideas for those who are struggling, etc. etc.? The idea would be to meet regularly, maybe once every 3 or 4 weeks, depending on location and availability. I am based in Lannion. Any takers?

• 4 months later...
Hi - did you get anywhere with your creative writing group?  I've not lived here long and am planning a future scribbling away - but morale support is always welcome!  If you did manage to get a group up and running I would be interested in coming along.  I live near Dinan. 

Hi Joanna,

You're the first person to reply to the post! I didn't find anyone interested in joining a group locally, but I did go along to a group that meets every so often in Central Brittany at the Thématique café in Mur de Bretagne. That's a bit far for me though. If you email me directly on [email protected] maybe we could chat a bit more...

• 10 months later...

Interesting! Are creative writing groups popular in France. At present I am working as an editor for a large publishing company in the UK. A couple of our authors were talking about giving talks to writing groups in France, but didn't know whether any one would be interested. These authors are quite well known in the UK, they write commercial fiction. Is it worth passing on your details to them?