A book about the English from French perspective ????

It may the book which was written by a rather witty young french woman journalist who was working in London.  I heard her interveiwed on Radio 4 once too.  I think it was written in french for the french market  and then an English version appeared later.  'Twas funny, acid sharp, well observed...........

The only problem is at the moment I've got an absolute blank and can't recall her name!  My copy of the book is out on loan  and I can't even  remember who I've lent it to!

I'm going off to potter in the garden and no doubt when I'm not thinking about it  the name will comme back to me - maybe....

[quote user="Tiddles"]Is it this one?

Touche: A French Woman's Take on the English by Agnes Catherine Poirier

I haven't read it, but I'm going to get a sample sent to my Kindle to see what I think!
[/quote]

Married to an englishman, blogs and does stuff for the guardian. All a bit pseudo and contrived.

Try this for example, a gallic slap at "A" not levels.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/feb/16/baccalaureate-a-levels-royal-society

Aggie is quite good looking, so do please read the plentiful comments from her predominantly male fan club.

Saw something about her on here a couple of weeks ago and looked her up and unfortunately read some of her stuff.

I would never ever read another word by that woman. I have no idea as to how she ended up with the job she has, but she writes utter rubbish, IMO naturallement.