Reregister my bike in France - what to do

nephilim

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

With regard to 180bhp Busas, I suspect that French insurers just won't cover them.  Either that or the French motorcycling public are less concerned with outright power like they are in the UK....

[/quote]

I imagine a lot of French owners remove the restrictors which would immediately invalidate the insurance.

"I have a ducati 750ss currently in UK, but I'm hoping to get it here soon,

I've heard stories about difficulties with old dukes, is it as straightforward as all other bikes?"

My paso is 1996 (I think), and it's proving easier than I thought, thanks to Bob T, it seems it's one of those things that seems daunting, till you do it!!

[quote user="LesFlamands"][quote user="Sunday Driver"]

With regard to 180bhp Busas, I suspect that French insurers just won't cover them.  Either that or the French motorcycling public are less concerned with outright power like they are in the UK....

[/quote]

I imagine a lot of French owners remove the restrictors which would immediately invalidate the insurance.

[/quote]

I suspect many don't, given that it's not really worth having their bike confiscated and a 1,500 euro fine for derestricting - plus another 3,500 euros for the insurance offence.  And if the derestriction is done by a mechanic, then he's in for a 30,000 euro fine and up to two years in prison as well...[:-))]

It really is that serious an offence here.

I always sort of liked the shape (apart from the front/headlight area) and without it's design, one wonders if we would have had the CB1000 and 600s? But much the same, this one was offered to me for very silly money, and once I had ridden it, as you say, I was converted. I always avoided Ducatis (like I do most thngs that are hyped) but as soon as I had covered the first 5 miles I knew what I had been missing!!