It's gone.........................

Bugsy

My beautiful blue Triumph Sprint ST has gone to a new home.[:(]

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/Sprint-2.jpg[/IMG]

I placed an ad on a Moto Occasion site and had nine phone calls in two days. The first caller came down from Paris on the TGV, paid me in full and took it away.

Now, what should I replace it with..........................[:D][:D]

Something a bit more comfortable, perhaps......................[Www] 

Like this

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/NewSprint.jpg[/IMG]

Both new and second hand are generally more expensive.

The new Sprint, using todays exchange rate is 2000 euros more than in the UK..............[:(]

They are prepared to haggle a bit though.

Don't tell Dave, but I'm also looking at the BMW 1200 GS.

Jude is also looking at the R1200GS, and we have found that new prices in the UK are much cheaper than here. As the bike comes in at 100 bhp there would be no problem importing one and the headlight change should not be too expensive. I happen to know that BMW(UK) will also supply a CofC for free.

Do like the look of that Triumph though.

BB

So, would you consider buying in UK?

I can't afford to change mine; I don't want a later (v-tech) VFR, but I do like the look of that Triumph Sprint ST!! [Www]

A Beemer for you [:-))] To be honest, they look nice too!

Sid

The problem with Triumph, unlike BMW, is that they will not issue a European COC in the UK, only from Triumph France. They insist on over 1200 euros worth of changes before a certificate is issued.

A new Triumph Sprint ST (ABS) is £8,500.00 in the UK and 12,858.00 euros (£10,157.00) in france.

A new BM 1200 GS with all 'the toys' is £10,945.00 in the UK and about 16,000.00 euros (£12,600.00)  in france.

I contacted Triumph and asked why the huge difference that didn't reflect exchange rates, and was told that the pricing structure was down to market forces (i.e. what the market would stand)

You have to smile at that.....................[:D][:D]

[:D][:D] I did Derek and have just put a deposit on a new Triumph......................[kiss]

Given that forums do naturally tend to contain a fair amount of complaints & moans [Www] I can't believe that BMW can sell a product that clearly has major reliability issues. Ignition coded-key failure has been going on for over three years. Fuel pump management for two. Both of these can leave you stranded at the roadside.

I've got the 1150GS and will definitely NOT be changing it for the 1200.  Don't know what I'll get when the time comes but it is probably unlikely to be a BMW.  Don't get me wrong, the 1150GS  is brilliant [:D] and I think it's ideal for my type of riding... lots of backroads. But I don't want to enter into the reliability lottery that is the 1200![:(]

[quote user="DerekJ"]I've got the 1150GS and will definitely NOT be changing it for the 1200.  Don't know what I'll get when the time comes but it is probably unlikely to be a BMW.  Don't get me wrong, the 1150GS  is brilliant [:D] and I think it's ideal for my type of riding... lots of backroads. But I don't want to enter into the reliability lottery that is the 1200![:(]
[/quote]

I think that sums it up quite nicely..........................

Just got home with my new bike.............

Damp roads, spitting with rain and the salesmans words ringing in my ears,
"New tyres take extra care"
"No more than 3500rpm for the first 160 kilometres"
"Gentle use of the brakes until the're bedded in"
"Did I mention new tyres, take extra care"
Anyway home safe, no drama........................

This bike has a much more comfortable riding position than my old one.
Gearchanges are clunky, hopefully will improve with use.
Happy, happy, happy..........................