Registering a bike in France

Hi fellow bikers....just bought a house near Confelons 16 with a triple and a single garage ....bliss!! Taking the bikes out soon. I know this must have been asked a 1000 times but there is one area of the registration process I am unclear about. Can you register a bike in France if you are a non resident? At the moment, French place is a maison secondaire and I will not be registering for residency. It would be great if this is possible if for no other reason than avoiding an annual run to the UK for MOT purposes...Once I'm a bit more settled I hope to find out about any group activity near me.

[quote user="Benjamin"]Bike, car or whatever. You've got an address in France so use it.

What do you think those who leave a car here and  fly over do?   [:)]

[/quote]

We think a lot of them don't bother to register or insure! [:@]

sid

Don't see any problem with having the bikes French registered at all. I think that you should have a good read of the rest of the forum with your statement "I will not be registering for residency". You will learn that it is not your choice, but the circumstances that you find yourself in that will determine residency.